Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving Trip to Wyoming

The Wildlife Museum in Jackson Hole, WY.

Little Bog Horn Monument

All the cousins at the Denver Zoo. Bradley, Brian, Hailee, Mackenzie, Brody, and Brett

So, we took a trip to Wyoming for Thanksgiving. We visited Scott, Michelle, and their 3 boys in Cheyenne. It's a 14 hour drive with fun stops along the way. The kids did great, but ya know now a days we have TV's, DVD's, video games, and handheld gaming systems, so there really isn't much time to misbehave. Though I bought my kids a blast from the past...Mad Libs. Remember those. They had a fun time doing those, as did Rick and I.

On the way down we went by way of Yellowstone National Park. The scenery is breathtaking and you can see the Glory of God right in front of you. We stayed the night in Jackson Hole, WY and visited the Elk Refuge there. Thousands of elk just laying around in front of you. Even a herd moving through the refuge with such precision. It was cool. They have a wildlife museum and Rick was in heaven. The next day we loaded up and headed toward Cheyenne.

It was so great to see family and the kids all got along great. They always do. It's so great that the cousins love each other so much and have such a fun time, it makes visits that much more exciting. We had a wonderful dinner with game time after and then an evening of College Basketball...Go Zags!!

On Friday, we ventured south to Denver, CO for the Zoo! Can't get enough of wildlife and this time it is mostly African animals. The kids had a blast (grown-ups too!) and we finished the day visiting the REI headquarters, a HUGE store with a kids playground. wow!

Then on our way home we headed north for the first leg of our 14 hours, to Montana. We stopped at Little Big Horn and toured the scene of "Custer's Last Stand". Lots of great history in those hills. The whole scene was both breathtakingly wonderful and yet full of sadness for what went down there. There were white headstones scattered across the landscape signifying where an American soldier fell, then red ones signifying where a native American fell. It's a five mile road through every part of landscape that was traveled during this horrific event. Along the way are many informative plaques to read detailing the whole thing. Awesome!

We spent the night in Billings, Mt... then on to Spokane. What a memorable trip and we can't wait to do it again.

Of course I have over 150 pictures that I can't possibly post, but hopefully you can check out the albums on Snapfish. If you have the time, you won't regret it. There are some great images. Not to mention our beautiful children. Sorry, had to add that, I am a mother ya know.

I truly hope you all had a blessed Thanksgiving with family and friends. What a great way to kick of a great Holiday Season!!

Merry Christmas!!






1 comment:

  1. What a fun trip! I can't believe you can just see herds of elk. What a sight I bet. Glad you had fun. Now for Christmas. Yea! I love Christmas time.

    ReplyDelete