Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Christmas Morning

The kids are told to try and wait until 7am before coming to get us on Christmas morning. All three sleep in the same room, across the hall from me and Rick. Well, Hailee woke up at 5:15 fussing. Nightmare or something , I don't know. I went in, covered her back up, started her Mozart music and walked out, hoping she would go back to sleep and not wake the other kids. She has done that before and always goes back to sleep. Well, I think having big brother in the room was so exciting, that Rick and I could hear her calling Bradley's name, trying to wake him. After about 15 minutes, Bradley comes in our room and says, "I've tried to tell her to go back to sleep, I even sang the 'nite nite' song to her, nothings working". Bless his heart! So I told him, go ahead and get both girls and we will get up. That is the earliest we have ever been up for Christmas. So we all went downstairs to see what Santa brought. Opened other gifts, had our traditional cinnamon rolls, fruit, and O.J. Then by 9am we all went back to bed until about 11am. Great Christmas day nap! Then to my parents, but that is for another post.

They opened their Jammies on Christmas Eve, another tradition of ours. This year they all got slippers too.
Santa doesn't wrap gifts, so the kids see those first thing. Bradley got a telescope and his "dream" Lego set. Mackenzie got a cupcake maker and a pink DS. And Hailee got a Disney Princess kitchen and a Dyson Vacuum and a booster seat (no more highchair!) for the table. No jokes please, she loves the "homemaker" things.

Mackenzie played the DS non stop! She loves it!

Hailee and her Dyson vacuum. It looks just like ours and even sucks little things up. Now she has a Dyson just like mommy. Nana is jealous :) Sylar isn't sure he likes it.

Bradley loves his telescope, but it's been overcast so much, we haven't really got to use it. Plus, Rick thinks the city lights will be a problem. We will try to take it out to Grandma's or to the stables one night when Mackenzie is riding. There's no city lights up there.
What a fun morning.




No comments:

Post a Comment